Announcement of PSC I grant program
20 august 2021
The Ministry of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan is planning to launch the following grant programs for creation and implementation of innovations and new technologies under the Fostering Productive Innovation Project:
«Productive Sector Consortia I: Competence Centers»
The purpose of the Grant Program is to promote cooperation between research institutes, universities, as well as laboratories of scientific and engineering profiles in Kazakhstan and productive sector enterprises for improving the production sectors in the economy.
- Rational use of natural, incl. water resources, geology, processing, new materials and technologies, safer products and structures;
- Information, telecommunication and space technologies, scientific research in the field of natural sciences;
- Energy and mechanical engineering;
- Sustainable development of agricultural complex and safety of agricultural products;
- Life Sciences and Health;
- National Security and Defense (without the secrecy label);
Required results at the time of completion:
- Increase the number of consortium members (by at least 3);
- Receive international industry accreditation in the field corresponding to the scope of activities of the CBD members and become the centre of excellence, scientific, laboratory research, RSSTA and/or R&D which is recognized by the international scientific and industrial community.
- Ensure sustainable, organized cooperation between the center and the enterprises that will continue to fund the center after the grant ends by entering into long-term contract research or technology sales and/or licensing agreements, or other forms of commercialization that contribute to the center's financial stability and independence for the next 5 years;
- Submitting of at least two (2) PCT patent applications and at least one (1) filing of an application for international joint inventions
The maximum grant amount is 650,000,000 (six hundred and fifty million) tenge with implementation period until November 2022.
Applications will be accepted through the Portal begins on August 23, 2021 and ends on September 23, 2021 at 18:00 Nur-Sultan time using the following link: https://astanahub.com/account/service/KPSI/request/15/create/
For more details about the grant program, please refer to the PSC I Grant Program Manual.