February 12, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Project: KAZAKHSTAN FOSTERING PRODUCTIVE INNOVATION PROJECT
Loan No.: 8463-KZ
Project ID: 150402
Contract № KZFPIP/CS/QCBS -3 – 01
Assignment Title: Consolidation of the Technology Commercialization Cycle: establishing the capacity of Technology Transfer Offices at Kazakhstan Universities, establishment and operation of Technology Acceleration Offices outside of Kazakhstan, support and monitoring of the local brokerage team
The Republic of Kazakhstan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Fostering Productive Innovation Project (“FPIP”), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include supporting consolidation of the Technology Commercialization Cycle through:
- support Senior Scientist and Junior Researcher Groups’ sub-projects selected in 2016 and 2017 and, if necessary, other sub-projects of FPIP and technology commercialization projects from market in bringing technological and innovative ideas to commercial projects, for signing licensing agreements and / or agreements on transferring intellectual property right, as well as bringing technology enterprises to the level of commercial sales with the support of Consultant’s technology brokerage team;
- establishment and operation of Technology Acceleration Offices/Teams outside of Kazakhstan;
- enhancing the capacity of existing Technology Transfer Offices at major Kazakhstan universities through specialized training activities. Selected TTOs with the highest potential (TTO Network Core) will receive comprehensive technical support for improvement of quality of services, business processes and integration into technology commercialization systems of its head organization/university.
The expected duration of the Assignment is till December 31, 2020.
The Science Committee of the Ministry of Education and Science, an Implementing Agency (hereinafter – the Client) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (but not individual experts’ bio data).
The shortlisting criteria are:
- At least 5 years of experience in providing consulting services, training, mentoring, marketing in the field of technology commercialization, with adequate resources.
- At least 3 years of experience in providing services on intellectual property to a third-party organization on a commercial basis; concluding license agreements on the use of rights and contracts on the assignment of rights of intellectual property in the amount of not less than 6 agreements/ contracts.
- At least one year of experience in the field of technology commercialization in industrial and emerging markets, in the field of strengthening the capacity of enterprises / start-ups on technology commercialization in at least one of the CIS countries.
- Experience in working with Government officials, entrepreneurs, inventors, developers, investors, venture capitalists, researchers and scientists in the field of technology commercialization and IP management.
Expressions of Interest shall be limited to no more than 15 pages.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised in July 2014 edition, (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications. The type of association must be clearly indicated in the expression of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 18.00 (Astana time), Monday - Friday.
Expressions of interest marked as “Consolidation of the Technology Commercialization Cycle: establishing the capacity of Technology Transfer Offices at Kazakhstan Universities, establishment and operation of Technology Acceleration Offices outside of Kazakhstan, support and monitoring of the local brokerage team” must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) no later 18.00 (Astana time) March 4, 2019.
Project Management Unit of the Science Committee
Fostering Productive Innovations Project
Attn: Mrs. Nuriya Kaulanova,
Mr. Alan Utegulov,
PMU Senior Manager of Component 3
Mr. Mambetov Karasay,
PMU Manager of Component 3
41 Tauelsizdik Avenue
Business Center “Silk Way Center”, Floor 5
010000 Astana, Kazakhstan
Tel: +7(7172)277127, +7(7172)239066